DONATE / VOLUNTEER
INTO ACTION NEEDS YOU
INTO ACTION is a celebration of cultural resistance and community power. Launching January 2018 on the anniversary of the inauguration and the Women’s March, it is a pop-up art exhibition + symposium of unprecedented scale, created to spark conversation + galvanize public engagement. With over 25 programming elements spread over 10 days, INTO ACTION will include large live performances, organizer trainings, art workshops, panels with influential culture makers, original art installations from over 175 leading artists from across the globe. Join the movement at http://into-action.us/
For tickets to the opening reception and access to guided gallery tours ahead of opening night, join the Impact Circle and help us off-set the costs of artists shipping, volunteer meals, student workshops and community trainings. Reach out to Beatina@into-action.us for more details.
Please visit the INTO ACTION Creative Visions Donation Link where we can accept support from individual donors – every little bit helps us to provide student programming, interactive exhibits and community trainings.
So… are you a radical dreamer? Are you passionate about art, activism, social justice, + community building? Do you want hands-on experience with large-scale exhibition production and community engagement initiatives? Do you want to creatively speak truth to power and support others to do so? Do you want “backstage” access to a variety of dynamic cultural events?
INTO ACTION is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to assist in the following capacities:
Special Projects Fabrication
Into Action will mount several large-scale installations and we are calling on artists and students to help to make them. For the creatively skilled, this is a unique opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with world-renowned artists in the creation of museum quality sculpture and ask today’s most important questions. Why can’t we move forward on solving gun violence? Does America’s war machine need children to keep itself alive? Why don’t our representatives in DC listen to U.S. citizens? How do we solve our city’s homelessness problem? We need culture to change culture and Into Action’s Special Projects are driving the shift. We need You. Enlist in IA Special Forces today!
- Support art team with cataloging, organization of artwork + artist management
- Assist with gallery installation + de-installation
- Coordinate packing + transport of artwork
- Provide gallery oversight, ensuring that the public does not touch or damage the art on view
- Work alongside the production team in the lead up to the event, providing general production + administrative support including:
- Data entry
- Running errands
- Craft service + catering oversight
- Office maintenance + tidying up
- Assist production team with preparation, setup and dismantling of the space; including gallery, merchandise store, and community space
- Support programming + production teams, serving as PAs at various events
- Shadowing/assisting core team members as needs arise + per your interest/expertise
- Assist with tear down + clean up after event wraps
- Troubleshoot any last-minute needs
- Greet visitors, field questions + count attendees
- Distribute informational material and/or surveys
- VIP hospitality: liaise with production and programming teams to ensure that participating talent and important visitors have everything that they need, have been debriefed, etc.
Impact + Education
- Serve as Art Docents, engaging guests around one of the key themes of INTO ACTION and the art work in that particular area. Sign up for slots here!
- Serve as Impact Ambassadors, helping to humanize and enliven the visitor experience of taking concrete steps to advance the social justice causes they are personally passionate about. Sign up for slots here!
- Work alongside Education team to support bringing schools groups + students into the space
- Gather and collate marketing collateral and artwork with artistic + community partners
- Serve as a liaison between executive producers, graphic designers + social media management teams
- Basic graphic design support
- Document (via photography) the exciting array of events, programs, high-level talent + attendees
- Work closely with Impact Team to generate video documentation of public engagement + response
- Live tweeting key programming moments + engaging with followers
- Publishing Instagram Stories
- Generating compelling content to post on INTO ACTION social media channels
- Collect + collate mentions of Into Action on various social media platforms
Or create your own position!
In exchange for your assistance, we would like to thank you with the following:
- INTO ACTION swag/goods (T-Shirts, buttons, stickers)
- A pair of TOMS* (contingent upon hours of service)
- Official letter of recommendation/certificate of recognition
- Our endless love + gratitude
Artists have the power to challenge the norm, to imagine the potential, and to inspire the public. When artists and activists come together, when creativity is employed as a tool, work emerges that answers questions, solves problems, and saves lives.
To join our movement, please complete the form below or contact email@example.com. Thank you!